Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Master Plan....

For the last few months now Aaron and I have been trying to figure out 'what to do for the master bedroom.'
Pretty boring.....I thrifted the lamps and painted them and bought the new shades, hung Ikea curtains, and I did the painting above the bed. And that is where inspiration came to a screeching halt, almost a year ago. Till I saw this on Apartment Therapy a few days ago...
forest in the bedroom (original post)
Now my wheels are spinning! And the DIY projects are stacking up. I can't wait to share the tutorials. And there are plenty.
Like this rug....
DIY t-shirt flokati rug
 

And these old dining room chairs I picked up for $15 with the table. I have plans. BIG plans.

Any guesses as to what that will become (I have 4)?
And a question. How many walls do you think I should stencil the forest on? More master bedroom shots here. Good Day all!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love reading about your projects!!! The rug looks like it would take 10 years to make, but I'm so interested by it. I'm in the middle of redoing my master bedroom too (its sooooo boring and plain) Can't wait to see what all you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is jazz, by the way. I can't figure out how not to comment as seedtosow.. sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I thought it was you :) thank you, I love sharing. I'd also love to see your master before and after picks! I am hoping to do a weekly post of before and afters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so fascinated by the rug as well, I just might be crazy enough to invest 10 years into it, and then never let anyone walk on it! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and my post is missing from here too. this blog is gay. ;) not really. its super rad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that rug.. well okay. I love EVERYTHING in the blog :)

    ReplyDelete